The death of Glee’s number one golden boy, Cory Monteith, took the world by surprise. But unfortunately, that wasn’t the first time he had our jaws dropping.
It was just four months ago (March 30 to be exact) that the 31-year-old made an announcement that no one was prepared for. He “voluntarily admitted himself into a treatment facility for substance addiction.” After spending a month cleaning up, he left with his head held high and his girlfriend, Lea Michele, there by his side.
So when word went viral about Monteith’s death, a question of relapsing had some concerned.
Now, new information has come forth in regards to his very tragic passing.
According to E! News, a large amount of alcohol as well as unidentified substances were found in the actors hotel room.
But even though sources confirmed to E! News that Cory had been drinking and partying the night before, it surely wasn’t enough to kill him. “Yes, he had recently been drinking alcohol, but not to the extent there was any alcohol poisoning kind of impact,” the source made clear.
So that just leaves the substances found. Investigators are not going to make any assumptions “just in case he also had an underlying medical condition,” sources say.
An autopsy is scheduled for today (Monday, July 15). A cause of death will not be announced until everything gets checked out, which probably won’t be until later on in the week.